About ITM at IIT
IF YOU DON’T KNOW HOW TO USE IT AND MANAGE IT,
TECHNOLOGY IS JUST TECHNOLOGY—
IS JUST INFORMATION.
It’s the organization that knows how to apply, deploy, use, manage, and evaluate Information Technology (IT) that will lead the way in the next tech economy. And it will be the men and women who have mastered existing and emerging technologies that will get them there. Here’s why a degree in Information Technology and Management (ITM) from IIT’s School of Applied Technology can give you a competitive edge in today’s global economy:
- You’ll learn through a blend of theoretical classroom study and applied hands-on laboratory and project collaboration.
- Project-based learning, mentored by IIT faculty, will allow you to apply what you learn to relevant real-world situations.
- You have the flexibility to pursue a general course of study or to specialize in one of several options—and can even determine your specialization after you start the program.
- You’ll learn about a variety of IT fields, including Web and application development, system architecture, networking, database systems, systems security, and contemporary programming languages.
- You’ll learn relevant skills so you can integrate information technology and management into the workplace.
- The program will prepare you for complex professional roles in a variety of organizations and industries.
The pace of change is accelerating, and those who can adapt, innovate, and solve problems will shape the world. At IIT’s School of Applied Technology (SAT), we are fueling innovation by preparing our students to become innovators, leaders, and entrepreneurs in the twenty-first century.
Employing a careful blend of theory and practical IT applications, the Information Technology and Management program is a hands-on, reality-based approach to education that allows you to apply what you learn in class to solve real-life problems. You’ll learn about new and emerging technologies and the application, integration, and administrative practices used in the effective management of these technologies. You’ll benefit from an innovative experience in which you can work on cutting-edge, industry-sponsored projects.
In addition to providing a solid academic background, your coursework can prepare you for vendor-neutral certification exams such as A+, Linux+, Network+, Server+, and Cloud Essentials. You will also be prepared for vendor-specific certifications such as Microsoft Certified Professional and Microsoft Certified System Administrator, Sun Certified System Administrator for Solaris and Sun Certified Programmer for the Java 2 Platform, Oracle Certified Database Administrator, and other certifications from organizations such as the Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals; the Linux Professional Institute; and the System Administration, Networking, and Security Institute.
SOUND INTERESTING? THERE’S MORE.
- You don’t need to be a technology genius to apply; in the Undergraduate program, all technical areas are presented beginning at a fundamental skill level and progress to more advanced coursework.
- Already have an undergraduate degree but looking to change careers? If you don’t have an undergraduate degree in informati0n technology or a related field, or industry experience and/or certifications, you can still do our Master’s degree with just two additional prerequisite courses. Some of our best graduate students have had undergraduate degrees in areas as diverse as Art History and Music Performance.
- Our classes meet in the day and evenings, and the program can be taken either full- or part-time.
- We’ve designed our Undergraduate program to enable students from two-year community colleges, technical schools, and other universities to transfer to IIT and complete a bachelor’s degree.
THAT’S WHY IT’S CALLED
This is a hands-on, reality-based program in which you attempt to solve real-life problems using the knowledge you learn in class.
For more information, visit our website at http://www.itm.iit.edu/.