Home > General > Public Crime Log week ending February 25, 2011

Public Crime Log week ending February 25, 2011

February 25, 2011 author:

Hello,

IITPSD had a very busy week.Â

Fortunately, no serious crimes against Students, Faculty or Staff were reported.

However,  we continue to see an increase in thefts of personal property.Â

I want to again remind everyone that the major crime that is perpetrated on campus are crimes of opportunity.

Please secure your belongings and never leave your valuables unattended for any reason for any period of time.

You may stop by Public Safety for handouts on measures you can take to prevent being a victim.

Have a great and safe weekend.

Week 2252011

Categories: General Tags:
  1. Shiam Jin
    February 27th, 2011 at 07:02 | #1

When are you going to start enforcing the chicago law which requires cars to stop for all pedestrians crossing streets? I can’t believe how dangerous it is crossing the streets at IIT.

2. publicsafety
    February 27th, 2011 at 19:22 | #2

IITPSD is cognizant of the laws regarding pedestrian traffic. We actively patrol spots we have identified as “problem” areas. These include State Street from 31st to 35th, and the crosswalks near Keating gym and MTCC.
    We are in the process of looking at ways to increase the awareness to drivers that include illuminated signage or reflective paint. Unfortunately, we don’t have the power to issues traffic citations for these violations. We will continue to monitor and patrol the areas. We ask that the entire members of the IIT community be cognizant of the designated crosswalks and exercise good judgment when crossing.

3. Shiam
    March 3rd, 2011 at 08:29 | #3

@publicsafety

If you look at other urban campuses, they have signs saying stop! All cars must stop for pedestrians! State law! Such as uic And other schools. Why don’t you have these signs?

4. September 19th, 2012 at 01:51 | #4

Hmm it seems like your site ate my first comment
    (it was extremely long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m thoroughly enjoying your blog.

I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to everything. Do you have any helpful hints for rookie blog writers? I’d definitely appreciate it.

5. February 5th, 2013 at 05:09 | #5

Simply wanna say that this is handy , Thanks for taking your time to write this.
    parajumpers sale http://www.parajumperssalewomen.com/

6. February 6th, 2013 at 05:31 | #6

I like this post, enjoyed this one thank you for putting up. “When you make a world tolerable for yourself, you make a world tolerable for others.” by Anais Nin.
    louis vuitton outlet store http://www.louisvuittonwalletukusa.com/