A Job Shadow Day is a structured experience which helps GLP Scholars identify possible career interests.
Host a small group of GLP Scholars at your work site for a career exploration event. Scholars will visit for around three hours (2 hours of work plus lunch), during which time you may:
- Give students a general introduction to and tour of your company/organization
- Discuss who you are, what you do, and your path to get where you are
- Ask students about their experiences and interests
- Allow students to observe or assist you with your work (this could be as simple as sitting in on a meeting or assisting with a regular task you complete)
- Arrange for coworkers to join you and the visiting Scholars for lunch
Interested? Please email Charlie Lindquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.