As you approach the busiest part of your application process, don’t forget a very important piece to the admission puzzle – getting to know you admission counselor! Your admission counselor can help you navigate the application process, advocate for you, assist you with financial aid questions, and provide a connection to campus. Don’t be afraid to come meet with us. We LOVE getting to know our prospective students! Here are some tips on where to find us:
- On our campus! Call to schedule a meeting with an admission counselor any day of the week to chat about Illinois Tech, admission guidelines, scholarship opportunities, and all things IIT! We’re available at 312-567-3025.
- At your high school. Our admission counselors visit many high schools in almost all 50 states! We send out notifications via email if we’re coming to your school and have your contact information, but you can also check with your high school counselor to see if we’ll be in your area or email us to see when we’ll be visiting. See our list of counselors to see if we’ll be in your area.
- At high school fairs. NACAC fairs are the biggest and are found in most major cities. Check out when and where they are hosted here. (I know I’m very excited to participate in the Denver NACAC College Fair this Saturday, October 5th!) We also try to attend local fairs as well. These fairs will provide a list of colleges attending so you can plan who you’d like to speak with ahead of time.
- Through social media, email, or by phone. As a last resort, if you can’t make it to meet us in person, please at least send us a note to introduce yourself. See our list of counselors to find who your counselor is and get the conversation started!
Getting to know us can benefit you in so many ways. We’re happy to help you with:
- application questions
- financial aid questions
- connecting you with faculty members
- connecting you with Illinois Tech students
- helping you set up a visit
- learning about exciting events on campus
- and pretty much everything that will help make your transition to college easier!
There are many ways to connect with us and we look forward to meeting you!