What is a safety escort?
If you are concerned about your personal safety, Public Safety can accompany you from campus to a safe destination on campus, near campus or to nearby public transit. If you require transportation for other reasons, please consider calling a taxi service or using public transportation.
Who can request a safety escort?
IIT students, staff, and faculty. Please be prepared to show your IIT ID.
Where can a safety escort take me?
On campus, Public Safety can escort you to your car or residence.
Also from the IIT campus, Public Safety can escort you to the following off-campus locations:
- Lake Meadows
- Prairie Shores
- South Commons
- and other locations at the discretion of Public Safety.
What about medical escorts?
If you have a minor injury that requires medical attention, Public Safety can provide an emergency escort service to Mercy Hospital. Call 911 if there is a major medical emergency.
How do I request a safety escort?
1) Contact Public Safety at (312) 808-6300.
2) You will be asked to provide:
- Your name
- Your location
- Number of persons requesting the escort
- A call back number
- Your destination
What else should I know about safety escorts?
- If you are requesting an escort, please allow for extra time. Emergency and high priority calls may delay fulfilling your request.
- Public Safety Officers are not permitted to carry or assist with packages or luggage when performing this service.